Meru Greens Horticulture is a private service provider company formed in the year 1996 with a sole objective of organizing smallholder farmers to produce and market fruits and vegetables, both in the domestic and export markets. The company owned by two partners (Gerald & Rosemary) enjoys the experience they attained in agriculture extension skills they achieved when working for the Government of Kenya. Our raw material production base is in the larger Meru and Embu Districts in the eastern foot hills of Mt.Kenya.
Meru Greens Horticulture believes that empowering smallholder farmers to be able to produce fruits and vegetables responsibly would spur their own development and sustainable agriculture across board. Hence, Meru Greens Horticulture focus on promoting initiatives that bring about food safety, improve quality and volumes. This has brought about employment to the community and as thus development.
Meru Greens Horticulture focuses on creating growth and results through partnerships and cooperation, developing synergies and allowing talent to flourish in the global fruit and vegetable industry. We employ more than 300 staff. With a company history stretching back over 15 years producing, sourcing supplying and trading in the country fresh fruits and vegetables, Meru Greens Horticulture provides an integrated supply chain from the grower source to all market segments and customers globally.
Commit to production and supply of quality fruits and vegetables through empowering all players in the value chain.
To be the best fruit and vegetable producer and marketer in the region
Our Core Values
- Integrity:– We act in honesty without compromising the truth.
- Quality:– We promise the best and unmatched results for all round satisfaction.
- Commitment:– We are committed to delivering the best through our actions.
- Empowerment:– We believe it’s never done until our people are informed.
- Collaboration:– We recognize engagement of group effort in our undertakings.
- Accountability:– We are responsible for our actions